Helping SMEs With Insurance
With nearly 30 years’ of industry experience, I know that insuring an SME is not an online, tick box solution.
There are many risks that need to be accounted for when insuring an SME. Some of these risks will be standard trade risks that can be found in businesses in your industry sector but as no two businesses are the same, you may also have risks that are unique to your business which will give you unique insurance needs. Very often these are overlooked.
I will take time to understand your business and how it operates. By working together from the outset, we will complete a comprehensive risk review discussing areas such as customers, suppliers and products handled.
Whether you are a wholesaler, distributor or service provider, if your annual turnover is over £1 million, I can help you to find the correct solution for your business.
Key Areas of Discussion
- Material Damage – Protects your business premises, contents, equipment and plant against loss or damage caused by fire, flood, storm, theft.
- Business Interruption – If your business is unable to operate as a result of a material damage claim, this policy feature will replace lost profit as well as cover additional expenses incurred to keep the business trading.
- Employers Liability – This is a legal requirement for most businesses and covers legal costs and potential awards if an employee suffers from illness or an injury whilst in your employment.
- Public Liability – If someone (other than an employee) suffers from an injury or their property is damaged at your workplace or when you are visiting them, this will cover the resulting legal costs and potential awards.
- Products Liability – If someone (other than an employee) suffers from an injury or property damage caused by a product you have made or supplied, this will cover resulting legal costs and potential awards.
- Goods in Transit – Protects your goods against damage whilst they are being transported from one place to another.
Optional Cover Features
In order to shape a policy that’s truly tailored to your business, I will talk you through any optional cover options you could benefit from. For an SME Insurance policy these could include, but aren’t limited to: Professional Indemnity, Contractors, Engineering Inspection, Motor Fleet, Directors and Officers, Group Personal Accident, Cyber.