Helping Manufacturing Businesses With Insurance
With nearly 30 years’ of industry experience, I know that insuring a business in the manufacturing sector is not always a straightforward process.
There are many risks that need to be accounted for when insuring a manufacturing business. Some of these risks will be standard trade risks that can be found in all manufacturing businesses but as no two businesses are the same, you may also have risks that are unique to your business which will give you unique insurance needs. Very often these are overlooked.
I will take time to understand your business and how it operates. By working together from the outset, we will complete a comprehensive risk review discussing areas such as processes, suppliers and customers.
Whether you specialise in manufacturing limited luxury items or everyday essentials I can help you to find the correct solution for your business.
Key Areas of Discussion
- Material Damage – Protects your business premises, contents, equipment and plant against loss or damage caused by fire, flood, storm, theft. Policies can include cover for your moulds, tools and dies stored at your premises or anywhere in UK.
- Business Interruption – If your business is unable to operate as a result of a material damage claim, this policy feature will replace lost profit as well as cover additional expenses incurred to keep the business trading.
- Employers Liability – This is a legal requirement for most businesses and covers legal costs and potential awards if an employee suffers from illness or an injury whilst in your employment.
- Public Liability – If someone (other than an employee) suffers from an injury or their property is damaged at your workplace or when you are visiting them, this will cover the resulting legal costs and potential awards.
- Products Liability – If someone (other than an employee) suffers from an injury or property damage caused by a product you have manufactured, this will cover resulting legal costs and potential awards.
- Goods in Transit – Protects your goods against damage whilst they are being transported from one place to another.
Optional Cover Features
In order to shape a policy that’s truly tailored to your business, I will talk you through any optional cover options you could benefit from. For a Manufacturing Insurance policy these could include, but aren’t limited to: Product Recall, Machinery Breakdown/Business Interruption, Motor Fleet Insurance, Engineering Inspection, Directors and Officers, Group Personal Accident, Cyber.